1. We need a committee to plan and lead the Read-a-Thon.
2. We need a committee to evaluate and propose speakers for the mental health info session.
3. We need a committee to plan and lead Fun Fair, our flagship community event and fundraiser, which takes place in late May/early June. (don't worry - you'll have loads of help!)
4. The Teacher Appreciation Potluck committee needs helpers for cooking, serving or cleaning.
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN HELPING, PLEASE CONTACT US HERE FOR DETAILS
3.我们需要一个委员会来计划和领导Fun Fair，这是我们的旗舰社区活动和筹款活动，将于5月下旬/ 6月初举行。 （不用担心-您将获得大量帮助！）
You may have noticed that our school doesn’t do any fundraising through our kids - no chocolates, magazines or mulch. And this year, because we have so many events planned to support our pillars of achievement, wellbeing and equity, we aren’t doing any events focused exclusively on fundraising. But we still need to have money in the bank to support our work. So here are 4 easy ways that you can buy things you need anyway, and send a little something extra our way.
Earn cash back for our school on gift card purchases for stuff you buy regularly - gas, groceries, clothes - from 180 retailers.
Invitation code: DMRPZR
Shop online at popular retailers - including Walmart, Esso, Under Armour, The Gap - and earn cash rewards for our school. There’s even a FlipGive Max plugin to alert you when you’re shopping at a FlipGive retailer.
Invitation code: 5776CV
Earn our school 20% cash back when you buy personalized labels for the stuff your kids lose. Plus for the holidays you can get personalized address labels, stamps, gift tags, stocking stuffers and ornaments.
www.mabelslabels.ca/en_CA/fundraising/ support. Search: Leslieville School Council
LESLIEVILLE LIONS MERCHANDISE
You asked, we listened. We’ve added more sizes, hoodies (youth and adult) and even infant Ts to our inventory. Look for our team at the holiday concert and movie nights. Or even easier, shop online at our new e-retailer!
在受欢迎的零售商处在线购物-包括沃尔玛，埃索，Under Armour，The Gap-并为我们的学校赚取现金奖励。当您在FlipGive零售商处购物时，甚至还有一个FlipGive Max插件可以提醒您。
MABEL的标签 当您为孩子丢失的东西购买个性化标签时，可以赚取我们学校20％的现金返还。再加上假期，您可以获得个性化的地址标签，邮票，礼物标签，长袜和装饰品。 www.mabelslabels.ca/en_CA/fundraising
LESLIEVILLE LIONS商品 你问，我们听了。
Leslieville School Council: Survey Results
Thank you to everyone who completed our survey. We collected 103 responses and are using your input to inform our plan for the year. A full report of the results is on our website, under About Us. Here’s a summary of what we learned and what we’re doing about it.
What’s important to you
• Of our 3 pillars of focus - Equity, Achievement and Wellbeing - over 40% of you said if we paid extra attention to Achievement, it would have the biggest impact on your family.
What you ranked as most important
What we’re going to do about it
Scientists in the Schools - Invest in one session per class
Support for primary grade literacy - Launch a Read-a-Thon
Classroom resources to help kids focus - Invest in one “brain break” bag per class
Mental health info session - Invest in a guest speaker for parents
Using our collective power to tell government - Our Advocacy committee will keep working hard what matters to us for us, and communicating via social media
Specialized physical education programs - Bring X Movement in to host sessions for kids and parents
• You also told us you’re concerned about bullying and safety. Students, in the 2017 school census, told us this too. Principal Yee is making this a key topic of conversation and action with students.
How to tell you about it
• Almost everyone said that emails from Principal Yee are the most effective way of communicating with you. Backpack notices, which we’ll use thoughtfully given we’re an Eco School, are also effective.
Your giving preferences
• 94% of you said you’re very likely to attend Fun Fair - our flagship community event and fundraiser - so we look forward to seeing you there.
• Almost 70% of you said you’d buy Leslieville merchandise. Head to the Support Our School page for the link to our online store.